2/27/2012

Dawkins nu e un "agnostic"


Recent au aparut prin lume tot felul de articole stupide despre Richard Dawkins in care autorii sugereaza cumva ca faimosul biologist nu este ateu, ci "agnostic".

Gresit. Gresit pentru ca e vorba de ce a spus Dawkins intr-o dezbatere. El discuta de inventia sa: scara de credinta, cu nivele de la 1 la 7:

1 [ siguranta ca exista dumnezeu ] ..... 3 nesiguranta generala 4......... 7 [siguranta ca nu exista dumnezeu ]

Dawkins se descria pe la 6,9 pe scara, adica aproape de siguranta ca nu exista dumnezeu. Faptul ca nu e sigur il caracterizeaza ca un ateu agnostic. Cineva cu 1,5 indice pe scara ar fi un "teist agnostic". Capetele sunt extremele la care nu ajunge nimeni.

Eu ma consider tot pe la 6,9.


Dawkins s-a enervat putin la prostia din ziare si a comentat pe articole:

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/645108-no-blood-on-the-carpet-how-disappointing

In a neat parallel, John Bingham of the Telegraph seems to think it is surprising that I should call myself a 6.9 agnostic. His headline. “Richard Dawkins: I can’t be sure God does not exist” is followed by the sub-heading, “He is regarded as the most famous atheist in the world but last night Professor Richard Dawkins admitted he could not be sure that God does not exist.” Er, which god would that be? I suspect that John Bingham, Tim Walker and all the rest of them would probably “admit” or “confess” to not believing in Thor, Apollo, Mithras or Baal. I don’t admit or confess, but I am agnostic about those gods and a thousand others, to the exact same (very small) extent as I am agnostic about Yahweh, the Trinity and Allah. I suspect that even the Archbishop falls at least a tiny bit short of total certainty that his god exists, in which case he too is agnostic, in a mirror of the sense that I am. We are both far from agnostic in the all-too-commonly misunderstood sense of regarding the likelihood of God’s existence as 50/50.


“I’d be surprised to meet many people in category 7 . . . I count myself in category 6, but leaning towards 7 – I am agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at the bottom of the garden.”

In my discussion with the Archbishop I called myself a 6.9. A man I met at the drinks afterwards called himself a “six point nine recurring”, and I agreed with him. Also in The God Delusion I called myself a “Tooth Fairy Agnostic”, quoting a culturally Jewish friend.

Urmariti aici dezbaterea:


Post a Comment

Ceva asemanator:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Cele mai citite articole

Original design by Six Shooter Media. To Blogger by Template-Godown